- One of the Beautiful and hardy succulent.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Best for sunny windows.
|1||Graptopetalum macdougallii, Laxmi Kamal, Lakshmi Kamal – Succulent Plant|
|2||3 inch (8 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
About Graptopetalum Macdougallii
|Common Name||Ghost plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 6 inch|
|Bloom Time||Spring and Summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening. Sunlight:
- Keep the plant in Natural indirect bright light/Artificial bright light area.
- Protect the Money plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in oragnic content.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (3 to 4 inch) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
Graptopetalum Macdougallii Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Keep the plant in Natural indirect /Artificial bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (3-4 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Natural indirect bright light/Artificial bright light|
|Soil||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.|
|Temperature||15 to 35-degree celsius|
|Fertilizer||Apply organic fertilizers|
Graptopetalum Macdougallii Special Feature
The silvery gray to bluish-green foliage has a pinkish tinge to the edges of the leaves when they are young.
Graptopetalum Macdougallii Uses
- It is one of the excellent ornamental plants
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.