Chrysanthemum/Guldavari (Chrysanthemum morifolium)
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Chrysanthemum/Guldavari – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|₹300.00
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants
Chrysanthemum/Guldavari (Chrysanthemum morifolium)-10%
Chrysanthemums, sometimes called mums or chrysanths, are flowering plants of the genus Chrysanthemum in the family Asteraceae. They are native to East Asia and northeastern Europe. Most species originate from East Asia and the center of diversity is in China. Countless horticultural varieties and cultivars exist.
|Maximum Reachable Height||1 – 3 feet tall|
|Flower Color||red, yellow, white, pink, purples|
|Bloom Time||November- early December|
Planting And Care
Chrysanthemums are sun-loving plants. Although they technically require only 6 hours of sunlight each day, the more light they receive, the better their growth, bloom and hardiness. Slight shade in hot, summer afternoons is appropriate in warmer gardening zones to prevent scorching.
- Chrysanthemums are sun-loving plants.
- Although they technically require only 6 hours of sunlight each day, the more light they receive, the better their growth, bloom and hardiness.
- Slight shade in hot, summer afternoons is appropriate in warmer gardening zones to prevent scorching.
- Mums bloom due to their photoperiodic nature.
- When the plant senses a change in the length of darkness in late summer, it begins to set buds.
- Planting near artificial lights, such as security lights or porch lights, can alter the bloom time of your mums.
- Chrysanthemums can survive in most soils, but they thrive in well-draining soil with consistent moisture.
- Growing mums in hard, dry soil prevents the roots from becoming well established, while wet, boggy soil drowns the roots.
- Finding the middle ground is key.
- If you’ve planted other perennials, then you already know how to plant chrysanthemum.
- To create a good soil for your mums, work your soil to a depth of 8 to 12 inches.
- Mix in 2 to 4 inches of organic material, such as compost or peat moss.
- The perfect soil texture can be tested by taking a handful and squeezing.
- When you open your hand, the soil shouldn’t clump or quickly fall apart. It should simply crumble.
- Mums require even moisture for the best growth.
- Consistent watering throughout the spring, summer and fall is essential.
- Once the ground is frozen in the winter, watering can be suspended until spring warms the soil.
- Early morning watering, to a depth of 6 to 8 inches, is recommended.
- The ideal watering method for mums is one that applies moisture directly to the base of the plants.
- This prevents moisture from becoming trapped in the thick foliage Soaker houses can provide even, consistent moisture directly to the ground, and a water timer saves you the hassle of having to remember to manually water.
Application of Fertilizer
- All plants require nutrients. Fertilizing your mums gives them an added boost of essential nutrients for the best growth.
- The primary growth of chrysanthemum plant varieties takes place in spring and early summer.
- Growing chrysanthemums are heavy feeders.
- Consistent applications of quality fertilizers will help your mums grow larger and produce more blooms.
- Choose a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer for monthly application from early spring through July.
- If you plant fall mums, wait to begin their fertilization until the spring.
- Fall fertilization can actually reduce the hardiness of chrysanthemums to survive cold winters.
Place 2 or 3 inches of a good quality potting mixture in the pot. Turn the mum upside down and guide the plant carefully from the pot. If the plant is stubborn, tap the pot with the heel of your hand or knock it against the edge of a wooden table or potting bench to loosen the roots. Place the mum in the new container
All Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Plants by location
Caladium spp. (Mix Varieties)- Plant-13%
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Echeveria ‘Atlantis’ – Succulent Plant-31%
All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Wandering Jew with Hanging Basket-26%All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Wandering Jew with Hanging BasketEstimated delivery date 2022/10/01
Sr Item name 1 Wandering Jew plant 2 6 inches Hanging basket pot (Any color)SKU: n/a