Guzmania (Flowering) – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Guzmania (flowering) – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants
Neoregelia Bromeliad ‘Variegated Fireball’ – Plant-14%
Guzmania (Guzmania spp.) is a bromeliads belonging in the Bromeliaceae family with more than 120 different species. With proper care, these tropical beauties are hardy and easy to grow houseplants that add a colorful accent to indoor spaces.
Guzmania bromeliads are wonderfully stunning tabletop plants. They feature long, narrow, shiny green leaves that arise from a deep central cup. The plants are somewhat taller than many bromeliads. Their large and showy flower bracts arise in the summer in an amazing array of colors. Guzmania are not difficult bromeliads to grow, and they will reward you with many weeks of color with little or no effort.
|Maximum Reachable Height||upto 30 cm|
|Flower Colour||Pink, Red, Yellow, White|
|Bloom Time||Year round|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Guzmania Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Guzmania
Beautiful foliage and flowers.
Ornamental uses of Guzmania
- It is an excellent house plant for table top.
Check out other foliage plants here. Click Here!!