Pachyphytum Oviferum, Moonstones – Succulent Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Pachyphytum Oviferum, Moonstones – Succulent Plant|
|2||Terracotta Pot and Saucer|₹480.00
About Pachyphytum Oviferum
Native to Mexico, Pachyphytum oviferum is a succulent that can be a captivating addition to your plant collection. With it’s silvery, chubby leaves, this plant has unique and attractive aesthatics and can be appear strikingly beautiful whether you plant them in your garden or containers.
Pachyphytum oviferum, the sugaralmond plant or moonstone, is a species of plant in the genus Pachyphytum.
The meaning of the name Pachyphytum oviferum is thick plant bearing eggs.
|Common Name||Pachyphytum Oviferum, Moonstones, sugaralmond plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||8-15 cm|
|Bloom Time||Late spring and early summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Pachyphytum Oviferum Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the Aloe vera especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature Pachyphytum Oviferum
- Evergreen succulent with beautiful green leaves.
Ornamental uses of Pachyphytum Oviferum
- Suitable for container, rock garden and xeriscaping.
Check out other succulent and cactus here. Click Here!!