All Plants, Outdoor Plants
Platanus Orientalis, Chinar Tree- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Chinar Tree– Plant|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5″)/ Plastic pot|
Out of stock
Out of stock
₹1,170.00 for 3 item(s)
- This tree predominantly grows in the Kashmir region in India.
- Chinar grows to a height of about 25 meters or sometimes, even more, depending upon the growing conditions.
- It is one of many tourist attraction in Kashmir.
- Its leaves look a lot like the leaves of the famous Maple tree.
- This tree is known for its longevity and can be found throughout Kashmir.
- One of the unique characteristics of this tree is that its leaves change colors.
- the word, ‘chinar’ is word of Persian origin which when translated means ‘What a fire!
- It is a deciduous tree and sheds its leaves once a year.
|Common Name||Chinar, Booyn, Buen, Bhawani|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Upto 25 m|
|leaf colour||red, golden yellow|
|Changes Colour||Fall and winter|
Caring of Chinar Plant
- Keep the plant in direct bright full to partial sunlight.
- Provide afternoon shade to the plant when young.
- The soil should be rich, moist, fertile, and well-drained soil.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
During fall and winters as the days shortens the tree reduces making cholorophyll and the leaves starts changing colour.
- Grown as specimen tree in a landscape because of its unique leaves.
- Very popular bonsai plant.
- it provides shade in parks as well as on roads.
- Wood is used for making many decorative items and furniture.
- The bark of the chinar has antirheumatic and antiscorbutic values.
- The bark when boiled in vinegar is a great remedy for dysentery and diarrhoea.
- Leaves are used to make charcoal to keep warm on a cold winter day.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Categories: All Plants, Flowering Plants, Hybrid Flowering Plant, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Based on 0 reviews
There are no reviews yet.
- Store Name: WILDROOTS
- Vendor: WILDROOTS
- 5.00 rating from 59 reviews
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Plants, Plants for Balcony, Pots
Pilea nummulariifolia, Creeping Charlie- Hanging Basket-20%All Plants, Foliage Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Plants, Plants for Balcony, Pots
Pilea nummulariifolia, Creeping Charlie- Hanging BasketEstimated delivery date 2023/06/07
Sr No. Product Name 1 Creeping Charlie- Plant 2 Hanging Basket
Note: This product is only deliverable in Delhi NCR, Dehradun and Haridwar.SKU: n/a
All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Pots
Burro’s tail cactus (Sedum morganianum)- Hanging Basket-32%All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Pots
Burro’s tail cactus (Sedum morganianum)- Hanging BasketEstimated delivery date 2023/06/07
- Product Contains
Sr No. Product Name 1 Burro’s tail cactus (Sedum morganianum)- Succulent 2 Hanging Basket
Note: This product is only deliverable in Delhi NCR, Haridwar and DehradunSKU: n/a
- Product Contains
Be the first to review “Platanus Orientalis, Chinar Tree- Plant”
You must be logged in to post a review.