Sedum dasyphyllum, Corsican stonecrop – Succulent Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
This small frost-tolerant Sedum has fat, blue-green leaves. As it grows, it spreads out, creating a ground cover. It has white flowers, and the leaves blush pink in the Summer.
Sedum Dasyphyllum is suitable for growing in dry walls’ crevices, on green roofs, and between stepping stones. The plant can grow up to 3″ – 5″ inches tall and 8″ – 12″ inches in diameter. The ‘major’ has many erect horizontal creeping stems and overlapping opposite leaves which are tiny and round. This plant stays perennial in mild situations. It’s both variable and widespread. When fully bloomed, Corsican stonecrop typically attracts butterflies. Clusters of star-shaped pink and white flowers with little black dots sprout out during the early summers.
|Common Name||Corsican Stonecrop, Blue Tears Sedum|
|Maximum Reachable Height||3-5 inches|
|Flower Colour||White and Pink|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Place your plant in a place that receives Natural direct light for 3-4 hours, provide shade from harsh sunlight.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (Approx. 200 ml) water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before the application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (Feb to May, July to Sep) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Sedum Special Feature
- This plant is very drought tolerant.
- Used as pot plant, in miniature gardens and in rock gardens.