Yucca Glauca – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Yucca Glauca plant (15-20 cm height)|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
Yucca Glauca member of the agave family is an attractive clumping perennial with grayish-green, dagger-like leaves that grow from a central rosette. During the summer, stout stalks lined with creamy, cup-shaped blooms rise 2 to 3 feet (1 m.) above the plant. Yucca glauca makes an attractive addition to seaside gardens and rock gardens, and are useful for controlling erosion.
It is not just ornamental, but is also a good wildlife plant. It provides nesting space for small animals, birds and reptiles, and its flowers attract butterflies and moths.
|Common Name||Soapweed, Soapweed yucca, Gurney’s yucca, American Vetch, Yucca, Narrowleaf Yucca, Soapweed|
|Maximum Reachable Height||60-80 cm|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Yucca Glauca Special Feature
Green Spiky Foliage.
It is drought tolerant plant.
Yucca Glauca Uses
- Best for small pots and for rock gardens
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.