Nepenthes alata, Asian Pitcher plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Asian Pitcher Plant|
Out of stock
Out of stock
- Pitcher plants have the appearance of an exotic, rare plant.
- The plants are carnivorous and have fleshy funnels or tubes that function as traps for insects and small animals.
- It is a carnivorous plants with pitcher-shaped leaves that form a passive pitfall trap
- The lid of the pitcher secretes nectar to attract prey.
- Prey’s are unable to escape from the trap because of its downward-pointing hairs and slick sides.
- Prey is drawn into the pitcher traps and digested by the plant’s enzymes.
- The plants themselves are often climbers.
- Accessing the canopy of their habitats using the aforementioned tendrils.
- Others are found on the ground in forest clearings.
Planting care of Pitcher Plant
|Sunlight||Pitcher plants should be planted in a sunny spot or kept near a window that gets full sunlight.|
|Watering||If you are growing a pitcher plant indoors, make sure the soil is damp at all times.
If you live in an area where you have tap water high in minerals, water your plants with distilled water or rainwater.
A buildup of materials in the soil is not healthy for the plant.
|Soil||The soil should be a mix of organic material, sand, and peat moss.|
|Temperature||25 to 35 degree C|
|Fertilizer||Pitcher plants get nutrients and nitrogen from insects and generally don’t require fertilizer, but if you notice that your plant has trouble developing additional pitchers, pour a few drops of diluted liquid fertilizer into the plant’s pitchers.|
|Pruning||The leaves and pitchers will start to brown and wither in cold weather. You can trim them off down to the rosette.|
- Clip off all the dead leaves with scissors when the winter dormant period begins. Their dormant period varies by species, but is normally about 3-5 months during the winter. During this time, they should be kept cool and drier than normal.
- Protect outdoor pitcher plants. Leave any developing pitchers in the pot or provide thick mulch of leaves and cover with plastic or a container in hardiness zones six to eight during the winter months when left outside.
- Divide and re-pot the plant when the pitcher comes out of dormancy before rapid growth for new plants and begin the cycle over again. Pitcher plants can live for several years if cared for properly.
Check out the pots to plant your Croton plant and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!
Desktop Planters, Gift Section, Pots, Wooden Pots
Handcrafted Wooden Hydro Pendulum Vase (One pot)-47%
All Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Plants by location
Caladium spp. (Mix Varieties)- Plant-13%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Echeveria harmsii, Plush Plant – Succulent Plant-28%