Neem Tree, Azadirachta Indica – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Round Plastic Pot|
Out of stock
Out of stock
About Neem Tree
The neem tree has caught the attention of gardeners in recent years for the benefits of its oil, a safe and effective herbicide. Oil extracted from the seeds of neem tree is also useful as a natural insect repellent and is often incorporated into shampoo, soap, lotion, and other skin care products. Additionally, the oil makes a great fungicide for issues like powdery mildew, black spot, and sooty mold.
|Common Name||Azadirachta indica, Neem tree, Indian Lilac, Neem.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 30 m|
|Flower Colour||white or pale yellow|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level||easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Neem Tree grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Neem Tree
This evergreen tree is highly resistant to drought.
- This Neem plant is cultivated as an ornamental plant, as a dense screening foliage and for its multipurpose use.
Check out the pots to plant your Neem Tree and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!