All Plants, Indoor Plants, Medicinal Plants
Neem Tree, Azadirachta Indica – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Round Plastic Pot|₹230.00
About Neem Tree
Neem tree is a tall evergreen perennial tree with the small bright green leaves. It is up to 30 m tall. It blossoms in spring with the small white flowers and has a straight trunk. Its bark is hard rough and scaly, fissured even in small trees. The colour of the bark is brown grayish. The leaves are alternate and consists of several leaflets with serrated edges. Its flowers are small and white in colour.
The neem tree has caught the attention of gardeners in recent years for the benefits of its oil, a safe and effective herbicide. Oil extracted from the seeds of neem tree is also useful as a natural insect repellent and is often incorporated into shampoo, soap, lotion, and other skin care products. Additionally, the oil makes a great fungicide for issues like powdery mildew, black spot, and sooty mold.
|Common Name||Azadirachta indica, Neem tree, Indian Lilac, Neem.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 30 m|
|Flower Colour||white or pale yellow|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level||easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Neem Tree grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Neem Tree
This evergreen tree is highly resistant to drought.
- This Neem plant is cultivated as an ornamental plant, as a dense screening foliage and for its multipurpose use.
Check out the pots to plant your Neem Tree and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Based on 0 reviews
There are no reviews yet.
- 5.00 rating from 27 reviews
Be the first to review “Neem Tree, Azadirachta Indica – Plant”
You must be logged in to post a review.