Polka Dot Plant, Hypoestes – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Polka Dot Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|₹370.00
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Study table plants, Table top plants
Polka Dot Plant, Hypoestes – Plant-19%
Polka dot plants (Hypoestes phyllostachya) are common houseplants with colorful foliar displays. They are highly hybridized to produce a variety of colors and types of leaf spotting. Also called freckle face plant, this houseplant can grow in any type of indirect light but has best color in lower light situations.
This lovely little plant is native to South Africa, Madagascar and South East Asia. Polka dot plants are well suited for indoor use anywhere but you can also grow them as annuals in temperate to warm zones. The foliage is an attractive foil for brightly colored perennial flowers and produces an attractive mound. This adorable plant looks great tucked in a planter with other foliage plants, as part of a color display with flowers, or in summer borders for added texture.
|Common Name||Polka Dot Plant, freckle face plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||1-2 feet|
|Bloom Time||Rarely bloom.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Polka Dot Plant Palm
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Polka Dot Plant Special Feature
Attractive colorful foliage.
Polka Dot Plant Uses
- Best for growing in pots indoors or for landscape uses.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.