All Plants, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Asparagus densiflorus, Foxtail Fern – Plant
This Product Contains
|1||Asparagus – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|₹399.00
Asparagus is native to southern regions of South Africa. Growing asparagus fern is easy. Asparagus belongs to Asparagaceae family. The frilly, feathery asparagus fern plant appears soft and fuzzy. Asparagus , Sprenger’s asparagus, is a plant native to the Cape Provinces and the Northern Provinces of South Africa. Often used as an ornamental plant, it is considered an invasive weed in many locations.
|Common Name||Asparagus meyeri, Foxtail Ferns, Bunny Tails, Asparagus fern.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 60centimeters.|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant outdoor in natural bright light.
- Protect the plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in oragnic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Asparagus Meyeri Special Feature
Asparagus Meyeri Uses
- It is used as an ornamental plant