Peach, Prunus persica
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5″)|₹400.00
About Peach, Prunus persica
Peach, (Prunus persica), fruit tree of the rose family, grown throughout the warmer temperate regions of both the Northern and Southern hemispheres. Peaches are widely eaten fresh and are also baked in pies and cobblers; canned peaches are a staple commodity in many regions. Yellow-fleshed varieties are especially rich in vitamin A.
Small to medium-sized, peach trees seldom reach 6.5 metres (21 feet) in height. Under cultivation, however, they are usually kept between 3 and 4 metres (10 and 13 feet) by pruning. The leaves are glossy green, lance-shaped, and long pointed; they usually have glands at their bases that secrete a fluid to attract ants and other insects. The flowers, borne in the leaf axils, are arranged singly or in groups of two or three at nodes along the shoots of the previous season’s growth. The five petals, usually pink but occasionally white, five sepals, and three whorls of stamens are borne on the outer rim of the short tube, known as the hypanthium, that forms the base of the flower.
|Maximum Reachable Height||6-7 metres|
|Bloom Time||Early spring|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Peach, Prunus persica Planting And Care
- Peach grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porous.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Ornamental uses of Peach
- Used as a landscape tree.
Check out other fruit plants here . Click Here!!
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Graptosedum Francesco Baldi – Succulent Plant-9%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Hydrangea (Any Colour) – Plant-38%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Hybrid Flowering Plant, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Jasminum sambac, Mogra, Arabian Jasmine – Plant-31%
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Kalanchoe delagoensis, Chandelier Plant, Mother of Thousands – Succulent Plant-9%All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Kalanchoe delagoensis, Chandelier Plant, Mother of Thousands – Succulent PlantEstimated delivery date 2022/07/09
Sr No. Product Name 1 Kalanchoe delagoensis – Succulent Plant 2 Terracotta Pot and SaucerSKU: n/a
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Star Begonia, Begonia heracleifolia – Plant-3%