Pomegranate, Anar – Fruit Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5″)|₹500.00
About Pomegranate Plant
Enjoy the delicious and nutritious watery, red arils of Pomegranate by growing easily at your home.
Pomegranate (Punica granatum) is a bush or small tree of the family Punicaceae and grown for its fruit. The juicy arils of the fruit are eaten fresh, and the juice is the source of grenadine syrup, used in flavourings and liqueurs. Pomegranate is high in dietary fibre, folic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
The multiple stems of Pomegranate arch gracefully in a weeping habit. The leaves are opposite or sub opposite, glossy, narrow oblong, entire and the dramatic blossoms are trumpet shaped with orange-red ruffled petals.
|Common Name||Pomegranate, Annar, Dalimb|
|Maximum Reachable Height||2-10 feet|
|Flower Colour||Red – Orange|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Pomegranate Planting And Care
- Pomegranate grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Pomegranate
It is a hardy, drought-tolerant plant that thrives well in a wide range of soils.
Ornamental uses of Pomegranate
- Used for fencing and hedge purpose.
Check out other fruit plants here . Click Here!!
All Plants, Gift Section, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Succulent Plant Bundle – Pack of 4-15%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Hoya kerrii, Heart Leaf, Sweetheart Hoya (Variegated) – Succulent Plant-33%All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Hoya kerrii, Heart Leaf, Sweetheart Hoya (Variegated) – Succulent PlantEstimated delivery date 2022/10/02
Sr No. Item name 1 Hoya kerrii, Heart Leaf, Sweetheart Hoya (Variegated) – Succulent Plant 2 Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)SKU: n/a
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants
Chrysanthemum/Guldavari (Chrysanthemum morifolium)-10%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Hibiscus Plant, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Hibiscus mutabilis, Confederate Rose – Plant-14%