Ixora Dwarf (Any Color) – Plant
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Ixora Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Ixora Dwarf (Any Color) – Plant-17%
**THIS PLANT COMES WITH BASIC BLACK POT**
About Ixora Dwarf
The Ixora plant is loved by many because it produces clusters of star-shaped flowers all year round. Each cluster is consists of flowers that comes in red, yellow, pink,orange or peach in color.Ixora is one of the most colorful flowering and hedge plants available.
Most will grow in sun or shade and have flowers in massed heads throughout the year. Ixora is a genus of flowering plants in the Rubiaceae family. It consists of tropical evergreen trees and shrubs and holds around 500 species. Though native to the tropical and subtropical areas throughout the world, its center of diversity is in Tropical Asia. It is commonly known as West Indian Jasmine. The plants possess leathery leaves, ranging from 3 to 6 inches in length, and produce large clusters of tiny flowers in the summer. Members of Ixora prefer acidic soil, and are suitable choices for bonsai.
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 30 cm.|
|Flower Colour||Any color|
|Bloom Time||Throughout the year.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- At least five to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in natural bright light .
- Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Ixora Dwarf Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Keep the plant in Natural direct bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Natural bright light.|
|Soil||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.|
|Temperature||16 to 32 Degrees Celsius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Ixora Dwarf Special Feature
Beautiful star shape flowers in cluster.
Ixora Dwarf Uses
- They are commonly successfully used as landscape shrubs.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.