Ginkgo biloba, Maidenhair tree – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Ginkgo biloba, Maidenhair tree – Plant-13%
While young trees grow upright and are very slender, older trees grow loosely branched and very expansive. Its attractiveness is especially prominent when grown individually as an optical highlight with a breath taking long-distance effect.
With its beautiful leaves the ginkgo tree possesses a phenomenal appearance and is equally as impressive as many other beautiful blossoms no matter how attractive they may be. Many myths and legends surround this ancient and fascinating plant. Its initially green, fan-shaped leaves take on a brilliant yellow colour in autumn. All of these characteristics make the gingko tree an unusual and exceptionally decorative eye-catcher in the garden.
|Common Name||Maidenhair tree, Ginkgo Tree, Fossil Tree|
|Maximum Reachable Height||15-20 meters|
|Flower Colour||inconspicuous, first blossoms after 20 years at the earliest|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Caring of Ginkgo biloba
- Keep the plant in direct bright light.
- Provide afternoon shade to the plant when young.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Ginkgo biloba Special Feature
Beautiful fan like foliage which turn bright yellow during autumn.
Ginkgo biloba Uses
- Grown as specimen tree in a landscape because of its unique foliage.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.