|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Poinsettia (red)- Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
The poinsettia is a commercially important plant species of the diverse spurge family. The poinsettia is a commercially important plant species of the diverse spurge family. The species is indigenous to Mexico. It is particularly well known for its red and green foliage and is widely used in Christmas floral displays. The species is a tall, rangy shrub that grows to a height of 10 ft. It has large, dark green, oval leaves that are “toothed” on the sides and pointed at the tips. They emerge from smooth green erect stems. Flowers are borne at the stem tips in winter. The actual flowers are quite small (they are the yellow structures at the center of the brilliantly colored bracts) The bracts are actually modified leaves – in the species there usually are 8 to 10 bracts that are 4-7 in long.
|Maximum Reachable Height||3 to 10 feet|
|Flower Colour||Yellow flowers with maroon bracts|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- You may use plant ties or just weave them through trellis sections.
- Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.
- Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
- The vining plant is prone to spider mites, which can be combated with horticultural oil or neem oil.
It can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area. Arabian is a small bush with evergreen leaves. There are many other varieties of the plant, of which are best suited for sub-tropical climates. Learning how to grow will add a striking visual and olfactory touch to the garden.
|Temperature||10 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Grown primarily as a pot plant, poinsettias are a big industry representing about 85% of potted plant Christmas season sales. The USA exports poinsettia plants about 90% of the world.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Its generally kept indoor in living room and in terrace area