Portulaca grandiflora, Moss Rose (Any Colour)- Plant
|1||Moss Rose Plant (Any Color)|
|2||Grow Bag (4 inches)|₹300.00
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Portulaca grandiflora, Moss Rose (Any Colour)- Plant-40%All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Portulaca grandiflora, Moss Rose (Any Colour)- PlantEstimated delivery date 2022/12/14
Sr Item name 1 Moss Rose Plant (Any Color) 2 Grow Bag (4 inches)SKU: n/a
Moss rose is a semi-succulent plant that stores water in its fleshy leaves and stems. The bright green leaves are oblong to cylindrical with pointed tips. They are up to an inch long and are arranged alternately or in small clusters along the reddish, multi-branched prostrate to slightly ascending stems.
Moss rose, Portulaca grandiflora, is a drought and heat tolerant annual native to hot, dry plains in Argentina, southern Brazil, and Uruguay. This herbaceous plant in the purslane family (Portulacaceae) is cultivated throughout the world as a garden annual for its showy flowers that bloom all summer long with little care.
|Maximum Reachable Height||Upto 9 inches|
Planting and Caring
- Bright direct light is good for the plant growth.
- The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing this plant.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup(approx.50ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Repot the topiary into a slightly larger container every two years.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant specially when pot doesn’t have drainage hole.
- Avoid applying water on leaves in hot afternoon it may cause fungus infection.
Beautiful rose shape flower.
- It makes an excellent container or house plant, it can also be grown in hanging basket, topiary or as ground cover
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.