Fairy Castles (Acanthocereus tetragonus)
|1||Acanthocereus tetragonus – Cactus Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|₹499.00
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants
Variegated Fairy Castle (Acanthocereus Tetragonus Variegata) – Plant-19%
Acanthocereus tetragonus flowers bloom at night and close during the day. Acanthocereus tetragonus is a tall, columnar cactus. Stems are dark green, have three to five angles. Flowers are open from midnight until dawn, attracting hummingbird moths.
|Common Name||Fairy Castle Cactus, night-blooming cereus, barbed-wire cactus, sword-pear, dildo cactus, triangle cactus|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 2 to 7 M|
|Bloom Time||Rainy season|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots rot in wet compost.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
Re-pot with the following proportions:3 parts of potting soil,1 part of grit (pumice),1 part of the horticultural-grade sand,1/2 part of the compost etc.
Sunlight Full sun, partial sun, at least 4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day. Watering Low for the rainy season. Keep plants dry in winter, More than moderate for a summer. Water when the top 2cm of compost is dry in Summer. Soil Avoid excess organic contents in the soil. Temperature 10 to 30 degrees C Fertilizer No need much. A peat-based compost should not be used.
Survivals and growers of the summer.
- Acanthocereus tetragonus is used as the ornamental plant