Gomphrena (Any Color) – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Gomphrena (Any Color) – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Gomphrena (Any Color) – Plant-20%
Gomphrena globosa, commonly known as globe amaranth, makhmali, and vadamalli, is an edible plant. The round-shaped flower are a visually dominant feature and cultivars have been propagated to exhibit shades of magenta, purple, red, orange, white, pink, and lilac. Within the flowerheads, the true flowers are small and inconspicuous.
Gomphrena may be grown from seed sown early indoors and transplanted outside after frost, or sown directly in the garden in summer, or planted as a potted plant.
|Common Name||Globe Amaranth, Gomphrena, Bachelor’s buttons|
|Maximum Reachable Height||upto 15 cm|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Bright direct light is best for growing Gomphrena.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (Approx. 200 ml) water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before the application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (Feb to May, July to Sep) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Gomphrena Special Feature
Showy round flowers.
- Used for growing in pots outdoors and in balcony garden.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.