Piper betel , Maghai Paan
This product contains
|1.||Piper Betel / Maghai Paan|
|2.||Round plastic pot (Black)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
Enhance the beauty of your outdoor spaces by an excellent dense green Betel vine plant. Piper betel is a Woody climber in Piperaceae family with adventitious roots at swollen nodes. Leaves are simple heart shaped, alternate with spicy taste. Inflorescence is axillary with white uni sexual flower.
|Common Name||Naagarvel, Vidyache paan|
|Maximum Reachable Height||150 to 180 cm.|
|Flower Colour||Dark red|
|Bloom Time||Spring and early summer (anytime in tropics)|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Place your plant in a place that receives at least 5 to 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- It thrives well in a hot and humid environment in partial shade.
- The betel plant needs regular watering. Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Prune regularly after it reaches 2 m height to control the plant, regular pruning, and plucking of leaves encourages new growth and sweet and tender leaves.
- Occasional feeding every couple of months in the growing season of the plant with a nitrogen-rich organic fertilizer like manure or compost is recommended.
Piper Betel Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|Temperature||40 degrees Celsius.|
|Harvest Season||Within 4 to 6 months after planting, it will be ready for harvest. You can pick up its fresh aromatic leaves for various uses.|
Piper Betel Special Feature
It widely used as herb plant, ornamental foliage plant and medicinal plant.
Piper Betel Uses
- The plant is used to decorate the balcony, terrace or any outdoor space
- It is used as a mild stimulant for its medicinal properties
- Note- Please consults your health advisor before application or consuming of plants or plant parts
- Betel leaves are used for direct consumption
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Note: The plant might not have a flower at the time of shipping. But the flower may grow afterwards.