About Croton Plant
|Common Name||Croton, Oak Leaf|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 10 feet|
Planting And Care
- Place your croton where it will receive morning sunlight each day.
- It require well-drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Soil must never be allowed to dry out completely.
Application of Fertilizer
- Apply organic fertilizers during spring and rainy season.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in required light condition.
- Wipe the dust from the leaves with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove dead, decay and infected part of the plant.
- For insect attack apply neem oil or any organic insecticide.
Croton Plant Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it.
- Do not overwater them suddenly. Check the moisture in the soil.
- If it is too dry then apply water gently.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright sunlight area to settle down easily.
- Gradually move the plant from shade to the area that receives morning sunlight.
- Croton can survive in indoor as well as outdoor conditions.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Full Sun to Partial Shade|
|Temperature||15-26 degrees Celsius|
|Fertilizer||Any organic fertilizer|
Croton Plant Special Feature
The colorful foliage of croton along with air purification ability makes it unique and special.
Croton Plant Uses
- They are eye-catching especially in bright dining rooms and living rooms where their foliage helps energize a room
- Can be used for Container, Foundation, Hedges, Houseplant, Mixed Border, Screening, etc
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.