Osteospermum, African Daisy – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Osteospermum, African Daisy – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
About African Daisy
Osteospermum is an annual tough flowering plant. These plants have beautiful silvery grayish green foliage that perfectly sets off the beautiful flowers. The blooms of this plant come in an array of colors that can put on quite the show for an extended period of time in mild climates.
African daisy plants can be used as a ground cover in borders or in containers.
|Common Name||African Daisy|
|Maximum Reachable Height||
|Bloom Time||January – March|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- At least five to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in natural bright light .
- Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
African Daisy Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Keep the plant in Natural direct bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Natural bright light.|
|Soil||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.|
|Temperature||16 to 32 Degrees Celsius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
African Daisy Special Feature
African Daisy Uses
- They are commonly successfully used as pot plant.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.