Coleus – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Coleus – Plant|
|2||Grow Bag (5 inches)|₹325.00
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Coleus – Plant-23%
About Coleus Plant
The bold and beautiful foliage of Coleus plant make them the center of attention no matter where they’re planted.
Coleus are one of the rare plants that are grown almost exclusively for colorful foliage. In this regard, they’re like crotons, but they’re smaller and perhaps somewhat easier to grow inside. Coleus are truly in their glory in masses their leaves are available in green, purple, orange, red, yellow, and in a striking array of patterns.
Coleus is also quite striking when they are planted in a container and grown as a house plant. By removing the flower spikes as they develop, and keeping the plant pinched back, the coleus can be kept growing as a perennial for several seasons.
|Common Name||Plectranthus scutellarioides|
|Maximum Reachable Height||6-8 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Coleus Plant Planting And Care
- Coleus grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged parts of coleus and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Coleus Plant
Beautiful red-green foliage.
Ornamental uses of Coleus Plant
- Coleus are great for adding colour in the garden (or home), especially in those dark, drab-looking corners.
Check out the pots to plant your Coleus and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . Click Here!!
All Plants, Allamanda Plant, Flowering Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Allamanda Creeper, Pentalinon luteum (Yellow) – Plants-36%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Plumeria Pudica – Plant-8%
All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants for Balcony
Champion palm, Hypophorbe lagenicaulis – Plant-22%