Neer Brahmi, Bacopa Monnieri- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Neer Brahmi– Plant|
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Medicinal Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Neer Brahmi, Bacopa Monnieri- Plant-24%
Bacopa monnieri, also called brahmi, water hyssop, thyme-leaved gratiola, and herb of grace, is a staple plant in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. Neer Brahmi or Water Hyssop is a short herb with club shaped succulent leaves. These perennials thrive in areas with shade and moisture and are an indicator of the health of an ecosystem. According to the Vedas, this was plant was used to prepare Medha Rasayanas whose role was to sharpen the intellect.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light or a area with shade for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Checkout other medicinal plants. Click Here!