Trachelospermum jasminoides, Star Jasmine – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Star jasmine plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
₹299.00 – ₹399.00
Star jasmine is a beautifully scented, evergreen climber. Perfect for growing up a warm wall, or a fence, it’s slow growing enough to be planted in a small garden. Plant star jasmine near a seating area where you can enjoy the heady scent of its small, white starry flowers on a warm summer’s evening. Although star jasmine grows best in a sunny location, it will cope well in partial shade.
|Maximum Reachable Height||
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
- Keep the plant in direct bright light for better growth of the plant and flowers.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
The sweetly scented star-like flowers along with the gorgeous glossy foliage are its big draw.
It can be trained to grow on a trellis, over an arbor, as an espalier against a wall or fence, as a border plant or hedge, to spill over a wall and it’s also suited to containers.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.