PENCIL PINE(Cupressus sempervirens)- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Pencil Pine- Plant|
All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Morpankhi, Thuja Compacta – Plant-17%
Pencil Pine (Cupressus Sempervirens ‘Glauca’), a tall, narrow growing conifer, dark green in colour. There are many variations in cultivation. Pencil Pine is an excellent, low maintenance choice for creating a formal look in areas where space is limited. This variety has a dense, upright, columnar growth habit and requires very little to no pruning to maintain its shape. Foliage is aromatic with a blue-green shade and produces less fruit than many other pencil pine selections.
Common name: Pencil pine ,Cupressus sempervirens ‘Glauca’ Description: Very tight habit
Planting and Care
- Keep the plant outdoor with bright direct natural light.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (Eary monsoon-spring) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Pencil Pine Cypress Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in direct bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Full sun, indirect bright light.|
|Soil||well-drained sandy loam soil.|
|Temperature||30-40 degree Celsius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Pencil Pine Cypress Special Feature
It makes a popular ornamental tree due to its attractive foliage.
Planting in narrow areas Conifer garden Structural plantings. A signature or specimen conifer that is commonly used as bookmarks to a doorway, either side of paths, to line a driveway or along a wall Also, Check out the pots to plant the Pencil Pine and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . : Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Ixora Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Ixora Dwarf (Any Color) – Plant-24%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Christmas Cactus, Schlumbergera – Succulent Plant-31%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Madhukamini Plant, Murraya paniculata – Plant-29%
Gift Section, Home Decor, Planter Shelf, Wall Decor, Wooden
Handcrafted Multicoloured Wooden Hexagonal Wall Shelves (Set of 5)-47%