All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Morpankhi, Thuja Compacta – Plant-30%
**THIS PLANT COMES WITH BASIC BLACK POT**
Pencil Pine (Cupressus Sempervirens ‘Glauca’), a tall, narrow growing conifer, dark green in colour. There are many variations in cultivation. Pencil Pine is an excellent, low maintenance choice for creating a formal look in areas where space is limited. This variety has a dense, upright, columnar growth habit and requires very little to no pruning to maintain its shape. Foliage is aromatic with a blue-green shade and produces less fruit than many other pencil pine selections.
Common name: Pencil pine ,Cupressus sempervirens ‘Glauca’ Description: Very tight habit
Planting and Care
- Keep the plant outdoor with bright direct natural light.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (Eary monsoon-spring) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Pencil Pine Cypress Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in direct bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Full sun, indirect bright light.|
|Soil||well-drained sandy loam soil.|
|Temperature||30-40 degree Celsius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Pencil Pine Cypress Special Feature
It makes a popular ornamental tree due to its attractive foliage.
Planting in narrow areas Conifer garden Structural plantings. A signature or specimen conifer that is commonly used as bookmarks to a doorway, either side of paths, to line a driveway or along a wall Also, Check out the pots to plant the Pencil Pine and to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . : Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.