Sedum pachyphyllum – Succulent Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|2||Terracotta Pot/ Plastic pot|
Out of stock
Out of stock
Sedum pachyphyllum is a small perennial bush forming or ground-hugging succulent up to 30 cm tall, with light silvery green, jelly, bean-like leaves along short stems. It spreads over time by rooting stems and fallen leaves that easily take root to form a dense ground cover. It may become very straggly with age. Young plants may be quite compact and will flower, when they are quite small. ln spring large sprays of bigger than usual, widely expanding starry blossoms in buttercup yellow, adorn the plant, with petals long and tapered, as are the carpels, stamens and stigma lobes.
This silver-green succulent has short, thick leaves and a woody stem. Once it begins to trail, this Sedum is great for ground cover.
Sedum pachyphyllum adds great thrill to succulent arrangements as it grows, and then spiller when it begins to trail, making it perfect for hanging baskets or rock gardens.
|Common Name||Jelly bean, Blue Jelly Bean, Many fingers|
|Maximum Reachable Height||25-30 cm|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural direct or indirect light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Beautiful thick foliage.
It is drought tolerant plant.
Suitable for Container, Hanging baskets, Rock Garden & Xeriscaping
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.