Senecio radicans, String of Beans – Succulent Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||String of Beans|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
String of Pearls or Senecio Rowleyanus (small)-31%
Senecio, commonly known as string-of-beans, is a creeping, perennial, succulent vine of the family Asteraceae, native to parts of southwest Africa. This popular trailing succulent has leaves that are shaped like bananas, with excellent trailing capabilities. This succulent grows quickly and is easily propagated, ensure partial sun to partial shade and infrequent watering for best results.
|Common Name||String of Beans|
|Maximum Reachable Height||5-8 cm|
|Flower Colour||yellowish white|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural indirect / artificial bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
String of Beans Special Feature
Beautiful green foliage.
String of Beans Uses
- This plant can be used as contrasting foliage in succulent plantings, cactus gardens or xeriscape plantings
- It is also pretty used as edging for dry borders and in rock gardens
- It can be kept in pots too, provided the soil drains well.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.