Chamaecostus Cuspidatus, Costus igneus, Insulin Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Insulin Plant – Plant|
|2||Grow bag/ Plastic Pot|₹450.00
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Medicinal Plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Chamaecostus Cuspidatus, Costus igneus, Insulin Plant-31%All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Medicinal Plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Chamaecostus Cuspidatus, Costus igneus, Insulin PlantEstimated delivery date 2022/12/14
Sr No. Item name 1 Insulin Plant – Plant 2 Grow bag/ Plastic PotSKU: n/a
|Common Name||Insulin plant, Spiral flag, Yellow Ginger|
|Maximum Reachable Height||15-20 inches|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Caring of Insulin Plant
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- It needs sunshine but it also grows in slightly shady areas.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the 2 to 3 hours of sunlight is available, just avoid the darken area.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Irrigate thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so that it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days.
- Then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
Special Feature of Insulin Plant
- Control diabetes, and it is known that diabetic people eat one leaf daily to keep their blood glucose low.
- Cultivated in India for its use in traditional medicine and elsewhere as an ornamental.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Check out other foliage plants available on the website here.