ZINNIA (Zinnia elegans)
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||ZINNIA (Zinnia elegans)|
|2||Grow Bag (4″)/ Plastic pot|₹275.00
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
ZINNIA (Zinnia elegans)-7%
Zinnias are popular garden flowers because they come in a wide range of flower colors and shapes, and they can withstand hot summer temperatures, and are easy to grow from seeds. They are grown in fertile, humus-rich, and well-drained soil, in an area with full sun.
|Maximum Reachable Height||(4″ to 40″)|
|Flower Color||orange, yellow, white, pink|
|Bloom Time||late spring until the first frost in fall|
Planting And Care
- Maintain moderate soil moisture and fertilize lightly to maximize growth and blooms.
- After zinnias flower, cut off the old flowers (a process called “deadheading”) to encourage more flowers to form.
- Zinnias are annuals and will die with the first hard frost of fall.
- Choosing a location that gets full sun is essential.
- Zinnias are adaptable to most soil conditions, but the ideal soil will be rich in organic matter and well-drained.
- Soil pH should be between 5.5 and 7.5.
- If soil is amended with compost, the flowers will grow more quickly.
- Once they are 3 to 4 inches high, water them deeply a couple of times a week, depending on weather.
- Zinnias aren’t drought tolerant, but they like their soil a little on the dry side.
- The soil should not be continuously wet.
- If we experience overcast June weather, cut down on watering.
Application of Fertilizer
- Zinnias can be fertilized by a variety of sources.
- Stephen (2004) found that the poultry manure is the most effective manure for Zinnia to grow taller.
- The average height for the nine plants, after 18 days in poultry manure was 52.67 mm.
- Transplant zinnias in the morning. Dig a hole large enough for the root ball and associated soil to fit into.
- The top of the root cluster should be 1/2 to 1 inch below the surface.
- Pack the soil loosely with your fingers and water it well.
- Transplant zinnias in the morning.
- Dig a hole large enough for the root ball and associated soil to fit into.
Desktop Planters, Gift Section, Pots, Wooden Pots
Handcrafted Wooden Hydro Pendulum Vase (One pot)-19%
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Gift Section, Indoor Plants, Money Plants
Money Plant Marble Prince In a Wooden Pot-22%
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Glass Pots, Pots, Terrariums
Prism Glass Vase (without plant)-12%