Alocasia Black Velvet – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Alocasia Black Velvet (2-3 leaves)|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Room corner plants
Alocasia macrorrhiza, Elephant ear – Plant-10%All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Room corner plants
Alocasia macrorrhiza, Elephant ear – PlantEstimated delivery date 2022/10/03
**The plant is not edible, as the sap of the plant contains calcium oxalate crystals which can cause irritation to the skin.**
Sr No. Item name 1 Alocasia (60 cm height) 2 Round Plastic Pot (Black)SKU: n/a
The Black Velvet Alocasia is a rare dwarf variety sought after because of its unique black colouring and velvet leaves.
Alocasia is an impressive-looking beauty with massive, fan-like leaves that give it the nickname ‘Elephant’s Ears’. Originally from the rainforests of South-East Asia, where its foliage acts as makeshift umbrellas in tropical downpours, Alocasia blew up as a house plant in the 1950s, and still has that nostalgic, vintage vibe.
A striking and beautiful houseplant, it is defined by its deep greenish-black leaves accentuated by whitish or light green veins. The leaves are roughly serrated, and in some cases, the leaf colour appears as an almost purple-green. Leaf shapes range from wide hearts to slim arrowheads, with a soft velvet-like texture.
|Common name||Elephant ear plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||6.5 feet|
|Foliage Color||Greenish black|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural indirect / artificial bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Beautiful velvety foliage.
Best for table tops.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.