Alocasia Black Velvet – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Alocasia Black Velvet (2-3 leaves)|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
The Black Velvet Alocasia is a rare dwarf variety sought after because of its unique black colouring and velvet leaves.
Alocasia is an impressive-looking beauty with massive, fan-like leaves that give it the nickname ‘Elephant’s Ears’. Originally from the rainforests of South-East Asia, where its foliage acts as makeshift umbrellas in tropical downpours, Alocasia blew up as a house plant in the 1950s, and still has that nostalgic, vintage vibe.
A striking and beautiful houseplant, it is defined by its deep greenish-black leaves accentuated by whitish or light green veins. The leaves are roughly serrated, and in some cases, the leaf colour appears as an almost purple-green. Leaf shapes range from wide hearts to slim arrowheads, with a soft velvet-like texture.
|Common name||Elephant ear plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||6.5 feet|
|Foliage Color||Greenish black|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural indirect / artificial bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Beautiful velvety foliage.
Best for table tops.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.