Begonia ‘Black Velvet’ – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Begonia ‘Black Velvet’ – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|₹400.00
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Begonia ‘Black Velvet’ – Plant-14%
Begonias are tender perennials, grown for their colorful flowers and foliage. Most begonias can be grown outdoors in pots, in the ground, or in hanging baskets in filtered light and moist, but well drained soil. Where not hardy, grow as annuals or indoors as houseplants. Most begonias can be propagated from leaf, stem or rhizome cuttings in addition to being sown from seed. ‘Black Velvet’ grows from a creeping rhizome.
The foliage is very attractive, featuring medium-sized, smooth, cleft leaves. The flowers are red and bloom winter to spring. This plant enjoys filtered light but can take some sun in winter. Soil should ideally be moist. Begonias grow very well in peat-based compost also. Likes humidity. Hardy. Does not like cold weather. Pinching tips and pruning outer stems in the growing season gives a bushier plant, good for hanging baskets. Remove dead foliage to prevent disease.
This begonia have dark maple shaped leaves, emerge from a nicely shaped crown. Perfect for hanging baskets or specimens. Sprays of apple-blossom pink blooms in the springtime. This is a tropical growing begonia hybrid.
|Common Name||Black velvet begonia|
|Maximum Reachable Height||12 inches|
|Flower Colour||Light pink|
|Bloom Time||Spring and summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Attractive star shape foliage.
It is an excellent plant for table top.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Based on 0 reviews
There are no reviews yet.
- 5.00 rating from 27 reviews
All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Croton Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Office Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Croton Plant Oakleaf – Plant-15%All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Croton Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Office Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Croton Plant Oakleaf – PlantEstimated delivery date 2023/06/11
Sr No. Item name 1 Croton Plant, Oakleaf – Plant 2 Round Plastic Pot (Black)SKU: n/a
Be the first to review “Begonia ‘Black Velvet’ – Plant”
You must be logged in to post a review.