Tecoma (Any Color)- Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Tecoma Plant (Any colour)|
|2||Grow Bag (5″)/ Plastic Pot|₹640.00
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Ixora Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Ixora (Any Color) – Plant-17%
Tecoma stans is a species of flowering perennial shrub in the trumpet vine family.
This is a shrub or small tree that reaches 15-20 feet in height and can be pruned heavily after flowering to keep it compact.
The flowers are bright yellow in color, 2 inches long with trumpet shape and hang in showy clusters at the branch tips and forks, bending the twigs into arches with their weight, hence the name Yellow Bells. It has a very long flowering season.
|Common Name||Yellow bells, Yellow trumpet, Yellow-Elder, Piliya
Flaming Bells, Orange Bells, orange esperanza, orange trumphet bush, Tecoma orange jublie
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 20 feet|
|Flower Colour||Yellow, Orange, Pink|
|Bloom Time||Early summer to late fall|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
- Keep the plant in place with bright direct sunlight for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Tecoma Special Feature
Tecoma stans is the official flower of the United States Virgin Islands and the floral emblem of the Bahamas.
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
- It is generally keep indoor in a living room and in terrace area