Sage (Salvia officinalis)
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Sage – Plant (15-18 cm with pot)|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|₹250.00
Salvia officinalis is a perennial, evergreen subshrub, with woody stems, grayish leaves, and blue to purplish flowers. It is a member of the mint family Lamiaceae and native to the Mediterranean region, though it has been naturalized in many places throughout the world
|Maximum Reachable Height||60 cm (2 feet) tall.|
|Bloom Time||Spring, summer|
Planting And Care
Plant sage in medium to full sun. If you are growing sage indoors, place your pot near a sunny window. Sage is a fairly drought-tolerant herb, and even when the leaves look wilted, a little water perks the entire plant right up. Wait until the soil is dry to give it a thorough watering.
- Sage does best in medium to full sun.
- It can also do well in containers or indoors – just be sure it’s near a sunny window if you’re growing it inside.
- Sage needs sandy, loamy, well-draining soil.
- You want a pH between 6.0 and 7.0 for optimal growth.
- For the first few weeks, you’ll probably need to water sage once or twice per week.
- The soil should be kept about as moist as a wrung-out sponge.
- Once the plant has developed a good root system, you can decrease watering to every week or two.
- Be careful not to overwater!
Application of Fertilizer
- If you’re planting sage as a perennial, fertilize the first year only with a low-nitrogen fertilizer.
- When you’re preparing the soil for planting, work a 5-10-10 fertilizer into the soil at the rate of half a pound per 100 square feet.
- Fill the pot no more than half full of potting soil, slightly bringing it up the sides of the pot.
- Gently press the soil to help it stay in place, and then lightly, but thoroughly, moisten the soil with water.
- Before repotting any herb, it’s important to carefully prepare the plant’s root ball.
- Sage is used for digestive problems, including loss of appetite, gas (flatulence), stomach pain (gastritis), diarrhea, bloating, and heartburn.
- It is also used for reducing overproduction of perspiration and saliva; and for depression, memory loss, and Alzheimer’s disease
- Fried sage can be crumbled over a dish to heighten flavor at the last moment.
- Sage can also be used to add herbaceousness to sauces, compound butters, meat marinades, pastries, and breads.
- Add fresh sage leaves to cocktails and teas for an instant hit of herbal flavor.
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Plants by location
Dracaena marginata, Madagascar dragon tree (Dark Purple)- Plant-13%All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Plants by location
Dracaena marginata, Madagascar dragon tree (Dark Purple)- PlantEstimated delivery date 2022/06/04
Sr No. Product Name 1 Dracaena marginata plant (Dark Purple) (20-25 cm height) 2 Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)SKU: n/a
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Dotted Green Moon Cactus – Plant-10%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Hibiscus Plant, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Hibiscus mutabilis, Confederate Rose – Plant-15%
All Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section
Succulent Arrangement with Chocolates – Valentine’s Day Gift ComboAll Plants, Gift Pack, Gift Section
Succulent Arrangement with Chocolates – Valentine’s Day Gift ComboEstimated delivery date 2022/06/04
Product Contains :
- 1 Spotted Small Round Ceramic Pot
- 3 Succulents (As per availability)
- 2 Dairy Milk Chocolate
- Greeting card
Note : THIS WILL BE A DIY SUCCULENT ARRANGMENT FOR PAN INDIA EXCEPT DELHI, GURUGRAM, NOIDA, MEERUT, FARIDABAD & DEHRADUN.SKU: n/a