Pilea Plant (Pilea peperomioides) – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Pilea peperomioides Plant|
|2||Terracotta Pot/ Plastic pot|₹550.00
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Pilea Plant (Pilea peperomioides) – Plant-42%
The Pilea plant, also known as the missionary plant, pancake plant, UFO plant, or just pilea (short for its scientific name of Pilea peperomioides) is originally from the southwestern Yunnan province of China. Popular lore maintains that a Norwegian missionary, Agnar Espegren, took cuttings home with him in the 1940s, and shared them with friends and family. Those plants were spread throughout Scandinavia, and eventually the world, as people passed cutting between friends.
|Common Name||Missionary plant, Pancake plant, UFO plant, Pilea|
|Maximum Reachable Height||
|Flower Colour||Pink, White|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Natural indirect bright light is ideal for plant growth.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Pilea Special Feature
Attractive coin shape glossy foliage.
- Best for small pots and for hanging baskets.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Wrightia antidysenterica, Angel Flower, Srilankan Jasmine- Plant-17%
All Plants, Bonsai, Gift on Occasions, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Rakhi Gifts
Ficus Retusa Bonsai in a Buffalo-Shaped Terracotta Pot-51%
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Echeveria Perle Von Nurnberg : Succulent Plant-38%