First Love ( Xanthostemon chrysanthus ) – Plant
|First Love ( Xanthostemon chrysanthus ) – Plant (30 cm height)
|Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)
Out of stock
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Ixora Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Ixora (Any Color) – Plant-29%
Xanthostemon Chrysanthus, commonly named Red Penda, also popularly known as First Love, is a spectacular golden flowering rain-forest tree.
First Love ‘Yellow’, is still quite unknown outside its native country, and is pretty hard to find. This is a very desirable garden plant for warmer climates. The glorious, dense flower heads are well displayed at branches ends and are bright yellow with stunningly extended stamens reminiscent of a Bottlebrush. Flowers are sweetly fragrant and attract butterflies and hummingbirds. Bloom time in Northern hemisphere lasts from winter through early spring, which makes it especially valuable. In sub-tropical and tropical areas it flowers reliably and often within 2-3 years from seed.
The foliage is attractive when the tree is not flowering, with the leaves being large and glossy. The best is in sunny spot and well drained and moist soils. It can be pruned to shrub size if desired. New leaves start out red, contrasting beautifully with older and lance shaped glossy green foliage.
The stamens are the principal feature of the flowers, similar to its relatives, the eucalypts, bottlebrushes. Flowering occurs in summer and autumn.
|First Love, Xanthostemon Chrysanthus, Red/yellow Penda
|Maximum Reachable Height
|Summer – Autumn
|Easy to grow.
- Keep the plant in place with bright direct sunlight for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Attractive foliage and flower.
Best to grow in pot.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.