Ledebouria socialis, the silver squill or wood hyacinth, is a geophytic species of bulbous perennial plant native to the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. It was first described by John Gilbert Baker as Scilla socialis in 1870.
Silver Squill, Ledebouria socialis – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Silver squill plant|
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Study table plants, Table top plants
Silver Squill, Ledebouria socialis – Plant-20%
|Maximum Reachable Height||
Caring of Silver Squill
- Provide a bright location with no more than a few hours of sunlight per day, especially in the height of summer – shady areas must be avoided at all costs, so ‘bright, indirect light’ is acceptable.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Silver Squill Special Feature
Silver Squill Uses
- Best for growing in pots.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Pilea Plant (Pilea peperomioides) – Plant-42%
All Plants, Gift on Occasions, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Rakhi Gifts, Terrariums
Cube Glass Terrarium-17%
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Ornamental Plants, Plants for Balcony
Wingpod Purslane, Portulaca umbraticola- Plant (Any colour)-10%