Loquat, Eriobotrya japonica – Fruit Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Round Plastic Pot|₹500.00
About Loquat, Eriobotrya japonica
Ornamental as well as practical, loquat trees make excellent lawn specimen trees, with whirls of glossy foliage and a naturally attractive shape. They grow about 25 feet (7.5 m.) tall with a canopy that spreads 15 to 20 feet (4.5 to 6 m.), a size that is well-suited to home landscapes. Large clusters of attractive fruit stand out against the dark green, tropical-looking foliage and add to the tree’s visual appeal.
Loquats (Eriobotrya japonica) are trees that produce small, round, or pear-shaped fruits, rarely more than 2 inches (5 cm.) long. Sweet or slightly acidic in flavor, the juicy flesh may be white, yellow, or orange with a yellow or orange-blushed peel. Loquats are tasty when peeled and eaten fresh, or you can freeze the whole fruit for later use. They make excellent jellies, jams, preserves, cobblers, or pies.
|Common Name||Pomegranate, Annar, Dalimb|
|Maximum Reachable Height||2-10 feet|
|Flower Colour||Red – Orange|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Loquat, Eriobotrya japonica Planting And Care
- Loquat grows well in bright direct sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Loquat, Eriobotrya japonica
Loquat trees make excellent lawn specimen trees, with whirls of glossy foliage and a naturally attractive shape.
Ornamental uses of Loquat, Eriobotrya japonica
- Used as a landscape tree.
Check out other fruit plants here . Click Here!!