Mosambi, Citrus limetta
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5″)|₹399.00
About Mosambi, Citrus limetta
Mosambi is small to medium in size, average seven centimeters in diameter, and is round to oval in shape with a slightly lumpy exterior. The medium-thick, leathery rind has many small, prominent oil glands and transforms from green to a blend of yellow, orange, and green hues when mature.
The rind is also full of essential oils, and just one scratch on the surface of the peel will release an intense, bright aroma. Underneath the surface of the rind, the white pith clings to the flesh and has a spongy texture. The flesh is soft, juicy, contains many cream-colored seeds, and is divided into 8-10 segments by thin membranes. Mosambi is generally sweet with a mild flavor and contains a low amount of acid, reducing tart and tangy notes.
|Common Name||Mosambi, sweet lime|
|Maximum Reachable Height||25 feet|
|Bloom Time||January to March|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to moderate|
Mosambi, Citrus limetta Planting And Care
- Mosambi plant needs natural bright sunlight. It requires at least 6-8 hours of direct.
- Mosambi plants thrive well in well-drained red soils or loamy soils.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- water is required once in a week.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (April-may) or (August-September) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Mosambi, Citrus limetta
Mosambi is a low-calorie fruit with less than 43 calories in one serving of fruit, filled up with fiber, vitamin C, potassium, iron, calcium and copper. It promotes digestion, prevent scurvy, boosts immune system, treats dehydration and improves vision.
Ornamental uses of Mosambi, Citrus limetta
- Used as a landscape tree.
Check out other fruit plants here . Click Here!!