Apple, Malus domestica
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5″)|₹449.00
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Plants by location
Aeonium Kiwi, Aeonium haworthii – Succulent Plant-38%
About Apple, Malus domestica
Apple, (Malus domestica) is one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits. The apple is a pome (fleshy) fruit, in which the ripened ovary and surrounding tissue both become fleshy and edible. The apple flower of most varieties requires cross-pollination for fertilization. When harvested, apples are usually roundish, 5–10 cm (2–4 inches) in diameter, and some shade of red, green, or yellow in colour, they vary in size, shape, and acidity depending on the variety.
The skin of ripe apples is generally red, yellow, green, pink, or russetted, though many bi- or tri-colored cultivars may be found. The skin may also be wholly or partly russetted i.e. rough and brown. The skin is covered in a protective layer of epicuticular wax. The exocarp (flesh) is generally pale yellowish-white, though pink, yellow or green exocarps also occur.
|Maximum Reachable Height||30 feet|
|Flower Colour||White and pink|
|Bloom Time||April to May|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to moderate|
Apple, Malus domestica Planting And Care
- Apple plant needs natural bright sunlight. It requires at least 8 hours of direct sunlight.
- Apples grow best on a well-drained, loam soils. The soil should be free from hard substrata and water-logged conditions. Soils with heavy clay or compact subsoil are to be avoided.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Water is required once in a week.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (April-may) or (August-September) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Apple, Malus domestica
This wonderful fruit indeed is packed with rich phytonutrients that in the real sense indispensable for optimal health and wellness. Certain proven antioxidants in apples have health promoting and disease prevention properties, and thereby, truly justifying the adage, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
Ornamental uses of Apple, Malus domestica
- Used as a landscape tree.
Check out other fruit plants here . Click Here!!
All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Red Moon cactus, Ruby Ball Cactus-46%
All Plants, Croton Plants, Indoor Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Excoecaria bicolor variegata, Chinese Croton – Plant-17%
All Plants, Indoor Plants, Lucky Bamboos, Medicinal Plants
Plants for Good Luck (Plant Bundle) – Pack of 3-4%