Olea Species, Olive, Jaitun- Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
Out of stock
Out of stock
It is a subtropical broad-leaved evergreen tree and is cultivated for its edible fruits. The olive tree ranges in height from 3 to 12 metres (10 to 40 feet) or more and has numerous branches. Its leaves, leathery and lance-shaped, are dark green above and silvery on the underside and are paired opposite each other on the twig. The wood is resistant to decay. If the top dies back, a new trunk will often arise from the roots. Olive trees bloom in late spring; small, whitish flowers are borne in loose clusters in the axils of the leaves. The olive fruit is classed botanically as a drupe, similar to the peach or plum. The trees start bearing in 4 to 8 years, but full production is not reached for 15 or 20 years.
Olive plant requires warm climate to subtropical conditions.
The optimum temperature range of 15- 20 degree Celsius is ideal for its cultivation.
Avoid prolonged dry and hot spells with water stress.
Avoid frost in winters.
It requires deep rich, well drained, loamy or clay loam soils for best growth and development.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (Approx. 200 ml) water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before the application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (Feb to May, July to Sep) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
All Plants, Bonsai, Gift on Occasions, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Rakhi Gifts
Malpighia glabra, Barbados Cherry, Wild Crape-Myrtle- Bonsai-33%
All Plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Dwarf Devil’s Backbone, Pedilanthus ‘Nana Compacta’-Succulent-18%All Plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Dwarf Devil’s Backbone, Pedilanthus ‘Nana Compacta’-SucculentEstimated delivery date 2023/12/06
Sr No. Item name 1 Dwarf Devil’s Backbone ‘nana compacta’ – Plant 2 terracotta pot/plastic potSKU: n/a