Ashoka Tree, Polyalthia longifolia – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Ashoka Tree- Plant|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5 inches)|₹350.00
About Ashoka Tree
Saraca Indica commonly known as Ashoka tree or Sorrow-less Tree is one of the most exotic flowering trees of the Indian subcontinent.
It grows natively in warm humid climates of Pakistan, India, Myanmar, and Malaysia and belongs to the Fabaceae family. Ashoka is ever-green, slender but slow-growing flowering tree.
It is easy-to-grow, an easy-to-prune tree that flowers abundantly and produces a compact shaped canopy, an ideal candidate as a house-plant or a lawn tree.
|Maximum Reachable Height||
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- At least five to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for the plant to grow well in natural bright light .
- Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Ashoka Tree Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Keep the plant in Natural direct bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Natural bright light.|
|Soil||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.|
|Temperature||16 to 32 Degrees Celsius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Ashoka Tree Special Feature
Ashoka Tree Uses
- They are commonly successfully used as landscape tree.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.