This plant is small, throwing out runners with green leaves from the base of the stem, falling over like a vine. Peperomia rubella, Red Shimmering Plant is a unique and small succulent-like houseplant from Jamaica. Often compared to hoyas, Peperomia Plants have fleshy leaves and minimal care requirements.
Peperomia rubella, Red Shimmering – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Peperomia Rubella – Plant|
Out of stock
Out of stock
All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Peperomia Frost – Plant-14%All Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Peperomia Frost – PlantEstimated delivery date 2023/12/14
Sr No. Product Name 1 Peperomia Frost – Plant 2 Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)SKU: n/a
About Peperomia rubella
The Peperomia rubella is an attractive addition to a desk, a table or as a member of your house plant collection. Peperomia care is not difficult and have a compact form that lets them occupy a small space wherever you choose to place them.
This evergreen, sometimes succulent houseplants may be either rosette-forming and erect with trailing stems. It is upright and branching, becoming untidy with age, light to dark green leaves, red below and creating a copper tint to the foliage. Though peperomia produce greenish- white and panicle-like flower spikes.
|Common Name||Peperomia, Baby rubber plant, Pepper Face|
|Maximum Reachable Height||10 inches|
|Flower Colour||Greenish white|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Peperomia rubella Planting And Care
- It grows well in bright indirect sunlight.
- Soil should be well drain and porus.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
Special feature of Peperomia rubella
- Beautiful foliage with decorative and scarlet red leaf undersides.
Ornamental uses of Peperomia rubella
- The Peperomia is an attractive pot plant for a desk, a table or as a member houseplant collection.
Check out other peperomia plants. Click Here!!