Bauhinia purpurea, Orchid Tree, Butterfly Tree- Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Bauhinia purpurea, Orchid Tree, Butterfly Tree- Plant|
Note: This Plant is only deliverable in Delhi NCR.
All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Flowering Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Bauhinia purpurea, Orchid Tree, Butterfly Tree- Plant-59%All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Flowering Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Bauhinia purpurea, Orchid Tree, Butterfly Tree- PlantEstimated delivery date 2023/12/14
Sr No. Item name 1 Bauhinia purpurea, Orchid Tree, Butterfly Tree- Plant 2 Plastic Pot
Note: This Plant is only deliverable in Delhi NCR.SKU: n/a
All Plants, Desktop Planters, Gift Pack, Gift Section, Glass Pots, Wooden Pots
Round Wooden Propagation Station-18%
All Plants, Desktop Planters, Gift Section, Glass Pots, Pots, Wooden Pots
Test Tube Glass Planter-36%
It is a hybrid leguminous tree having large thick leaves and striking purplish red flowers. The fragrant, orchid-like flowers are usually 10 to 15 cm, and bloom from early November to the end of March. The Bauhinia double-lobed leaf is similar in shape to a heart or a butterfly, or a camel’s footprint – hence the common name camel’s foot. In Hong Kong the leaf is known as the “clever leaf”, and is regarded as a symbol of wisdom.
Bauhinia purpurea is a small to medium-size deciduous tree growing to 17 feet (5.2 m) tall. The leaves are 10–20 centimetres (3.9–7.9 in) long and broad, rounded, and bilobed at the base and apex. The flowers are conspicuous, pink, and fragrant, with five petals. The fruit is a pod 30 centimetres (12 in) long, containing 12 to 16 seeds. Leaves are alternate.
|Common Name||orchid tree, purple bauhinia, camel’s foot, butterfly tree, Hawaiian orchid tree.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 17 ft.|
|Flower Colour||purplish pink|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- It grows well in full sun to partial shade.
- The plant prefers fertile, well drained but moisture retentive soil and moderate watering.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (3-4 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (January-March) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not repot immediately after receiving it.
- It is an excellent house plant.