Champion palm, Hypophorbe lagenicaulis – Plant
|Sr No.||Item name|
|2||Comes in a Grow Bag (5″)|₹550.00
All Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants for Balcony
Champion palm, Hypophorbe lagenicaulis – Plant-22%
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Office Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants
Rexona Palm – Plant-3%
Champion Palm plant is foliage & ornamental plant. This plant grows easily. With palm trees every leaf that falls or is removed leaves a mark in the shape of a circle or semi circle.
Champion Palm when grown has a swollen trunk believed in myths to store water. At a time, this palm has merely four to six leaves open, and flowers arise from just under the crown shaft.
These palms only get 10 feet (3 m.) in height but sport fronds that may grow 12 feet (3.5 m.) in length with 2-foot (61 cm.) long leaflets. The trunk is smooth and grayish white topped with scraggly leaf scars from old, departed fronds.
|Common Name||Bottle plam, Champion palm|
|Maximum Reachable Height||10-12 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Caring of Champion palm
- Keep the plant in direct bright light for better growth of the plant. Protect the plant from afternoon sunlight.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Champion palm Special Feature
Champion palm Uses
- Best for growing in pots and for landscape use.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.