Chuimui, Touch me not Plant, Mimosa pudica – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|1||Chuimui, Touch me not Plant, Mimosa pudica – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
Touch me not plant is a source of fascination to adults and children alike.
Mimosa pudica is a tropical plant but in cold climate, you can grow it in the pot and keep it indoors in winter. The stem is erect, slender and branching. The leaves are bipinnate. This plant produces small, pink, powder-puff like flowers in the summer.
Interesting fact: The most interesting feature of Mimosa pudica plant (sensitive plant) is its ability to fold the leaves when touched that is why it is called touch me not.
|Common Name||Mimosa Pudica, Touch me not, Chui Mui, Sensitive plant, Shy plant, Shame plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 24 inches|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
- Keep the plant in place with bright direct sunlight for better growth of the plant.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Chuimui Special Feature
Ability to fold the leaves when touched.
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose