|Sr No.||Item name|
|1||Salvia Splendens – Plant|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
About Salvia Splendens
It is a good nectar plant for hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees, and birds eat the seeds of some species. Some varieties, such as culinary sage, are edible to humans as well.
Each species may have slightly different requirements, but basic good care will go a long way to keeping your salvia healthy and beautiful. Bi colors are also available, with red, rose or salmon colored flowers with white tips.
|Common Name||Scarlet sage, tropical sage, red Salvia|
|Maximum Reachable Height||90 cm|
|Flower Colour||Bracts are red|
|Bloom Time||March to October|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Most salvia like lots of sun, although a few species tolerate very light shade.
- If your garden does not have adequate drainage, mix stones, gravel or lava rock into the bottom of the hole when you plant your salvia.
- Using a trowel, dig a hole as deep and twice as wide as the pot the salvia transplant is in.
- Loosen the roots of the salvia, spread them out in the hole, and backfill with soil mixed with compost.
- Be sure to water the young plants regularly until they are fully grown so that they don t dry out.
- Prune the heavier, woody stems every spring.
Salvia Splendens Red Care
Plant in average or enriched soil and fertilize as needed.
Over a long season, flowers will drop, leaving a ragged spike. When this happens, cut the plant back. New growth emerges refreshed.
Snails and slugs find salvia to be a delicious treat, especially in moist conditions and when the plants are mulched.
|Sunlight||In cooler climates, plant in full sun.
In areas with very hot summers, partial shade, especially in the afternoon, reduces stress.
|Watering||Larger varieties with deeper roots need less water than dwarf varieties.|
|Soil||Well drained soil, warm soil|
|Temperature||15 degrees C and above|
|Fertilizer||Plant in average or enriched soil and fertilize as needed|
Salvia Splendens Red Special Feature
Salvias are prolific and durable bloomers.
They are not bothered by pests.
Salvia Splendens Red Uses
- There are many fine ornamental perennials in this genus and several bedding plants used as annuals
- Sage is an excellent natural disinfectant and deodorizer, drying perspiration and helping to eliminate body odor
- Extracts of sage are used in personal skin care for its capacity to heal the skin as well
- Sage is a well regarded herb for women and can be especially helpful for relieving the hot flashes of menopause, and slowing heavy menstrual bleeding
Check out the other beautiful Flowering Plants to beautify your homes and gardens. Also, Check out the pots to plants the carnations to enhance the beauty of your home and garden here . : Click Here!!
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.