Wingpod Purslane, Portulaca umbraticola- Plant (Any colour)
- The name “Portulaca” is a derivative of “portare” (meaning, to carry) and lac (milk) which refers to the plant’s milky sap.
- Seeds are formed in a tiny pod which opens when the seeds are ready.
- Foliage are smaller and wider than that of other species of Portulaca.
- Flower colours range from yellow, pink, orange and blue.
- It’ll thrive in the hottest, brightest sun and is renowned for its drought tolerance.
- If plants start to look untidy in summer, cut back half of the growth to encourage fresh, flower-bearing shoots.
|Spreading length||Upto 16 inches wide|
Planting and Caring
- Bright direct light is good for the plant growth.
- The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing this plant.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup(approx.50ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Repot the topiary into a slightly larger container every two years.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant specially when pot doesn’t have drainage hole.
- Avoid applying water on leaves in hot afternoon it may cause fungus infection.
Beautiful rose shape flower.
- It makes an excellent container or house plant, it can also be grown in hanging basket, topiary or as ground cover
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Haworthia mirabilis mundula – Succulent Plant-31%
All Plants, Gift on Occasions, Gift Section, Glass Pots, Rakhi Gifts, Terrariums
Hanging Diamond Teardrops Glass Terrarium-13%
All Plants, Best Selling Plants, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Plants
Echeveria Elegans : Succulent Plant-35%