Wingpod Purslane, Portulaca umbraticola- Plant (Any colour)
Out of stock
Out of stock
- The name “Portulaca” is a derivative of “portare” (meaning, to carry) and lac (milk) which refers to the plant’s milky sap.
- Seeds are formed in a tiny pod which opens when the seeds are ready.
- Foliage are smaller and wider than that of other species of Portulaca.
- Flower colours range from yellow, pink, orange and blue.
- It’ll thrive in the hottest, brightest sun and is renowned for its drought tolerance.
- If plants start to look untidy in summer, cut back half of the growth to encourage fresh, flower-bearing shoots.
|Spreading length||Upto 16 inches wide|
Planting and Caring
- Bright direct light is good for the plant growth.
- The soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content for growing this plant.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup(approx.50ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Repot the topiary into a slightly larger container every two years.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant specially when pot doesn’t have drainage hole.
- Avoid applying water on leaves in hot afternoon it may cause fungus infection.
Beautiful rose shape flower.
- It makes an excellent container or house plant, it can also be grown in hanging basket, topiary or as ground cover
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Desktop Planters, Gift Section, Glass Pots, Home Decor, Pots, Wall Decor, Wooden, Wooden Pots, Wooden Stand
Handcrafted Wooden Hydro Pendulum Vase (Two Pot)-57%
All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony, Pots
Turtle vine with Hanging Basket-24%All Plants, Hanging Basket, Indoor Cactus & Succulents, Indoor Creepers & Ferns, Indoor Plants, Ornamental Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony, Pots
Turtle vine with Hanging BasketEstimated delivery date 2023/12/06
Sr Item name 1 Turtle vine 2 6 inches Hanging basket pot (Any color)SKU: n/a
Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Tagar Mini, Dwarf Chandni- Plant-15%
All Plants, Foliage Plants, Indoor Plants, Living room plants, Plants by location, Study table plants, Table top plants
Calathea Musaica, Calathea Bella- Plant-14%