Celosia (Any Color) – Plant
|Sr No.||Product Name|
|2||Round Plastic Pot (Black/White)|
Out of stock
Out of stock
All Plants, Flowering Plants, Outdoor Plants, Plants by location, Plants for Balcony
Celosia (Any Color) – Plant-18%
This annual plant has a velvety, ruffled form that is often compared to a cockscomb, or even a brain. In fact, it’s commonly known as cockscomb or wool flower.
It seems like an exotic flower, but it’s not difficult to grow in the home garden. It adds a striking accent to other flowers in the garden.
Celosia is one plant that requires minimum maintenance. But let’s look at ideal conditions in terms of soil, light, drainage, and more.
Though it’ll thrive in nutrient-poor soil, you’ll aid its growth by adding soil amendments. Well-aged cow manure, peat, and leaf compost will all promote its growth.
|Maximum Reachable Height||upto 2 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Bright direct light.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (Approx. 200 ml) water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before the application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (Feb to May, July to Sep) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Celosia Special Feature
Showy leaves and flowers.
- Used as a pot plant and in landscapes.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.