**THIS PLANT COMES WITH BASIC BLACK POT**
Description for Plumeria ‘Rubra hybrid’, Champa
The tree itself is rather unusual in appearance; the 12 to 20 inch-long, coarse, deciduous leaves cluster only at the tips of the rough, blunt, sausage-like, thick, grey-green branches. Branches are upright and rather crowded on the trunk forming a vase or umbrella shape with age.They are rather soft and brittle and can break but are usually sturdy unless they are mechanically hit or disturbed. The crown loses its leaves for a short time during the winter displaying the coarse-textured, stubby branches. A milky sap is exuded from the branches when they are bruised . Plumerias are tropical trees famous for their gorgeous flowers which are used to make leis (floral garlands). In regions with cold winters, plumerias can be grown in containers and brought indoors when the weather cools in autumn. Other common names are frangipani and Hawaiian lei flower. Plumeria trees bloom in a variety of different colors. A milky sap is exuded from the branches when they are bruised. The crown loses its leaves for a short time during the winter displaying the coarse-textured, stubby branches
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Champa, frangipani, Hawaiian lei flower.||Yellow, White, Green, Pink||The plant is blooming September or October.||1.5 to 2.5 meters||medium|
Planting and care
- Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball.
- Place a small handful of E.B.
- Stone Blood Meal in the bottom of the hole and incorporate into the soil.
- Make sure the top of the original root ball is one inch above surrounding soil.
|Plumerias do best in full sun||They don’t tolerate poorly drained soils||Test soil by inch deep touch. If moist, don t water.||prefers plenty of indirect sunlight||Feed every two weeks during the blooming season from May to September.|
Caring For Plumeria ‘Rubra Hybrid’
- Plumerias require at least 1 inch of rain (or equivalent watering) each week.
- More water may be required for plumerias growing in containers, but don t overwater or the trunks will rot.
- Feed plants twice a month during the growing season with a high phosphorous fertilizer.
- Plumerias normally require little pruning, but any shaping should be done in spring.
- Plumerias are sensitive to cold and should be protected when temperatures dip into the 40Fs.
- Check periodically for pests such as spider mites, white flies, and mealybugs.
Typical uses of Plumeria ‘Rubra hybrid’
Special features: This plant is Fragrant and Good for cut flowers. Culinary use: Na Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area. Medicinal use: Flowers and bark of it are used in traditional Chinese medicine(TCM) in the treatment of fever, bacillary dysentery, pertussis
- Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.